Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Massachusetts

Married but separated he was in prison he changed from a man to a woman and changed his name do I have to still divorce him?

Asked on 3/11/18, 10:39 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Given that MA allows for same sex marriages, the answer to your question is yes you have to divorce him.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/18, 11:40 am
Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

Your spouse's gender identity or sex make no difference. You are married to your spouse unless you obtain a divorce.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/18, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Massachusetts