Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Massachusetts

My mother left me a property in an irrevocable trust to be mine upom her death the house was destoyed by fire and my sisters the trustees took all the money and won't take my calls what can I do mom is now in a nursing home

Asked on 9/18/13, 7:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Fanger Alan S. Fanger, Esq.

You have the right as beneficiary of the trust to an annual accounting of the assets of the trusts as well as the trust's expenditures. It may be that funds have had to be paid out of the trust for your mom's care. However, we've seen too often that trustees put their hands in the cookie jar.

In any event, you should be consulting with an attorney immediately. Depending on the attorney's assessment of the facts, you may need to file suit as soon as possible and try to secure assets of the trust that you believe to have been diverted by your sisters. You have the right as beneficiary of the trust to an accounting of the assets, but you may not not want to wait that long to do something about what has occurred.

Feel free to learn more about your remedies at my web site,

Read more
Answered on 9/19/13, 5:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Massachusetts