Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Michigan


In 8/2005 my husband file bankruptcy in feb or march of 06 a bank repo'd our vehicle and sold it and has since garnished his wages for 3800.00 bring hardship to our family we just found out they shouldnt have garnished his wages. What can we do? he filed a chapter 7.

Asked on 5/01/09, 10:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lesley Hoenig Lesley A. Hoenig, Attorney at Law

Re: garnishment

How do you know they shouldn't have garnished his wages? Did he sign a reaffirmation agreement? If he did, then they probably were able to garnish his wages for the deficiency. The first thing you should do is contact your bankruptcy attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/09, 6:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Michigan