Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Michigan

I have been separated from my husband for over 5 years but not legally. I am now needing to file for bankruptcy. All of my debt is mine alone and has incurred while separated. We own nothing together nor have minor children. We don't even speak to each other unless necessary regarding one of our adult children. My question is do I even have to tell the courts about him. or do I have to to file for a legal separation in order to not involve him. He is sickly and on disability. Thank you for time in helping me. Lou

Asked on 6/06/17, 3:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Schneider Charles Schneider, P.C.

You can file your own bankruptcy even if you are married without regard to him.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/17, 1:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Michigan