Legal Question in Business Law in Michigan

So I have a question, say you are buying merchandise from a company based on net terms. With no contract signing any type of guarantee you'll pay the terms. One day you decided to stop paying them due to some business issues. And you leave them with a balance unpaid. Anything they can do?

Asked on 1/26/17, 10:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas R. Morris Silverman & Morris, P.L.L.C.

This sounds like a sale of goods subject to Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, The short answer is that the seller has the right to payment and can sue to collect. But an attorney would need to review all of the relevant documents and facts in order to advise you more precisely.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/17, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Michigan