Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Michigan

Can a civil court judgment in England (United Kingdom) be enforced against defendants who are US citizens and own their property (apartments they live in) in Chicago USA? The judgment if obtained is in relation to excessive costs of the Executors in an estate of a British subject involving properties of the estate in London and Spain.

Asked on 4/13/11, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Yes. But note that Chicago is in Illinois, not Michigan. You may want to post again under Illinois law for information about enforcing a foreign judgment in that state.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/11, 1:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Michigan