Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

I allowed a friend to get a contract cell phone under my name. I made a contract stating that she was to pay any and fees or bills regarding the cell phone. I recently recieved a bill from a collections agency for nearly 2000 for this cell phone. This is the first thing I've recieved regarding this. I need to know if there is any legal action I could or should take to get this paid off.

Asked on 12/01/11, 7:33 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

As you would guess, you will have to pay it off to save your credit and then sue your friend on your contract with them. This is the only way to go. Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 12/01/11, 7:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan