Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

Collection of judgement

I recieved a judgement against someone who took money for a service, then didn't provide the service. The judgement is for the payment made and intrest until paid. I have been unable to collect on this judgement due to the fact that this person has moved and I have been unable to locate him. He never even showed up in court. How do I collect on a judgement that is for a rather large sum of money? And can this judgement be renewed if the time runs out before collecting?

Asked on 4/06/06, 7:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gregory J. Roth Gregory J. Roth, PLLC

Re: Collection of judgement

Collection is an art, not a science. Obviously locating or "skip tracing" the debtor is an essential and often difficult part of the process. Judgments are renewable, at least once if not indefinitely, if you properly renew them within 10 years of entry. You may wish to have an attorney assist.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/06, 7:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan