Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

After graduating from college they applied charges to my account. I received my degree, transcript, letter of congratulations and refund check. Am I responsible for their mistake?

Asked on 1/19/17, 2:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas R. Morris Silverman & Morris, P.L.L.C.

If you received payment from the college by mistake, the college may be entitled to have you repay the money. So, while you might not be "responsible for their mistake" in some sense of the phrase, you could be required to repay money paid to you to which you are not entitled.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/17, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan