Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

Michigan. I am defendant. Judge dismissed my case. (plaintiff did not show) (midland funding) . later found out they requested telephone conference. Can the Judge reverse the ruling? Can plaintiff request another pretrial?

Asked on 12/05/12, 7:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeshua Lauka David & Wierenga, P.C.

It depends on the nature of the Judge's dismissal. Likely the Judge dismissed the case "without prejudice". This means that the Plaintiff could re-open the case. Conversely, if the Judge dismissed "with prejudice" then the case is truly closed.

I recommend you consult with an attorney and bring all court paperwork in your possession. The attorney will be able to advise you of your options.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/12, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan