Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

There was three people on my mothers account, her, myself and my brother. When she passed away that left myself and my brother.I kept it that way to save money for property taxes. After my tax refund and three personal checks deposited a bill collector from my brother took all my money($1534.32) for a debt back in 2009. Do I have any way of getting my money back-especially my Property tax refund?

Asked on 7/08/17, 7:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Campbell Andrew L. Campbell Attorney at Law

I need more information. Was your brother sued? If so what court and what case number? If that happened why didn't you or he file an objection with the court and tell the court that that was not his money (assuming those facts are correct)? You have to do that within a specified period of time as clearly stated in the court notices that should have been received by your brother.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/17, 9:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan