Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

wage garnishment do i receive any paperwork or just my employer ? after 3 years

Asked on 7/16/15, 10:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rochelle Guznack Law Offices of Rochelle E. Guznack, PLLC

Just the employer is served with the writ of garnishment. You find out about it from your employer and the bank. You can file a motion for installment payments to try to stop the garnishment, but any money already withheld will likely go to the judgment creditor.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/15, 4:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan