Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Michigan

My wife had a stay in the hospital with no insurance . They had her fill out paper work so they would forgive the stay and they paid her perscription. 2 or 3 years later they have served her with a suit for non payment. She has said she would make payments Should we go to court or make payments?

Asked on 12/03/12, 6:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeshua Lauka David & Wierenga, P.C.

If you are being sued I would always advise responding to the lawsuit, until you have notification from the Court that the case is indeed dismissed. The Michigan Court Rules provide specific time lines that you need to comply with when you are in a lawsuit. I recommend you seek immediate advise from an attorney - bring whatever paperwork you have from the court so they can review.

Read more
Answered on 12/03/12, 7:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Michigan