Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

Okay so my boyfriend is really stupid amd right before he was about to get sworn into the army, he got caught stealing a $60 dollar hoodie, and was taken to jail & was released on a 400 dollar bond, he called his recruiter the next day and told him what happend and pretty much he said hes on his own and he cant help him with legal matter.... which doesnt make sense to me because arent recruiters supposed to help you? thats not my question tho, pretty much what i need to know is do you think theyll put him on probation if they see hes trying to leave for the army, and it was his first offence ever? help please! should he plead guily, should he use the court appointed attorny.. cause he doesnt have money hince why hes leaving to the army! were really stuck and if his parents find out hell be kicked out..with no money, no job, no army.

Asked on 9/10/13, 8:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Sternisha Law Office of Edward J. Sternisha, PLLC

If he cannot afford a lawyer, ask the court to appoint one. He should NOT just plead guilty. He should seek the advice of a lawyer to help him get this fixed. If it is his first offense, there are things that can be done to help. Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 9:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan