Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

my daughter and her live in boyfriend are not allowing our ordered visitation or any contact to our granddaughter whom we raised from birth to 3 unless we go through hoops including paying them 5k and then MAYBE they might think about some minor contact. This money threat comes every time we ask for our visit, since being awarded visitation we haven't had any contact and it is killing us. I know if we pay the 5k it will just continue. They threaten to ruin my husbands job and my rep and withold all contact with the baby we raised and miss dearly. I feel they are extorting us and although she is more than worth it I can't comply to what I feel is a crime. Am I wrong? What should I do? We live in different states. I got a message again last night saying they would place a no contact order (which I have only emailed 3x in nearly 4 months - when child was returned to parent) and the same comment "you know what you have to do" which is pay the BF $5k.. help?

Asked on 12/16/10, 4:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jack Jaffe Legal Center of Jack L. Jaffe

Please contact my office at 248-588-2297. I have an extensive background in grandparents rights. I have no charge for my first consultation.

Jack Jaffe

Read more
Answered on 12/21/10, 4:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan