Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

Drug arrest

Some undercover police told me I must makes buys for them after they said they found a small quantity of drugs in my car. If I cooperated they would lnot arrest me. They made me sign a statement, took all my money and let me go. They gave me a cell phone number and told me to call it when I made a buy. I tried to do this but it but it was too dangerous. After a year of nothing, now I find out there is a warrant for my arrest for possesion of drugs. What should I do???... I'm scared I will go to jail and lose my job!!!

Asked on 6/08/07, 12:54 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas Loeb Law Offices of Thomas M. Loeb

Re: Drug arrest

What officers told you this? Some are notorious liars. And from what city does the warrant originate?

Be sure that whatever lawyer you end up with has much drug law experience.


Read more
Answered on 6/09/07, 12:17 pm
Nancy Moore Nancy L. Moore, Esq.

Re: Drug arrest

Unfortunately, this happens more than you would think. I am interested in knowing what you signed and what sort of conditions were attached. Regardless, you need an attorney to help keep you out of jail. My phone consultations are free.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/07, 2:11 pm
Francois Nabwangu Wright Cantrell PLLC

Re: Drug arrest

You need to move to set aside the warrant by scheduling a "walk-in". Be prepared to post a bond, a nominal amount... The issue is what kind of drugs how much, how many priors etc...

Contact us at your earliest convenience.

Yours truly,

Francois M. Nabwangu, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 6/08/07, 6:21 pm
William Morrison Action Defense Center

Re: Drug arrest

If the warrant is only for possession (not possesion with intent to deliver)and you have no prior drug crimes, there's little chance you're going to jail. I'll explain why if you call and let me know your age and the quantity.

Meanwhile, stop the drugs so you can drop clean when the time comes.

William Morrison

Read more
Answered on 6/08/07, 10:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan