Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

Is there anyone that can give free advice in a criminal case matter if you are unable to afford an attorney but were given a court appointed attorney

Asked on 1/19/10, 3:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Melissa Pearce Law Office of Melissa M. Pearce, PLC

If you have a court-appointed attorney, you need to talk to them rather than seek out second opinions from other attorneys for free. Your court-appointed attorney has all the information concerning your case. However, you are free to substitute a retained counsel for the court-apponted one, if you are unhappy if the court-appointed attorney's services.

Read more
Answered on 1/24/10, 3:24 pm

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

It is common for our office to get complaints about the court appointed lawyers. Some people say that you get what you pay for.

Read more at:

Read more
Answered on 1/24/10, 5:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan