Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

pretrial & arraignment

My daughter was charged w/minor in possesion (alcohol) 1/12/07 just days before returning to France where she is participating in a study abroad program until 8/15/07. Arraignment is 6/15/07. She cannot appear, and if the ajournment she requested 5/29/07 is not granted, can she fax a notorized admission of guilt for me to present to the judge? She does not want to contest the charge, & we don't want to compound the issue with her becoming a 'fugitive'. We just want to pay the fine and be done with it.

Flying her here for this would cause great financial hardship because fares are so high, on short notice, and seats seem hard to come by.

Please email response or where I can view your opinion. Thanks much.

Asked on 6/09/07, 8:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek The Kronzek Firm PLC

Re: pretrial & arraignment

For some reason you and/or your daughter feel qualified to come to the legal conclusion that she ought to plead guilty to a crime and stick her with a criminal record for life. Probably a very silly decision. You should have an experienced attorney involved in her case to avoid those results and to fix the problem of her absence. Faxing a notarized statement is not an option but an attorney is likely to have other options in mind. If you want an attorney to represent her, feel free to phone us at

1 8667665245. Our state-wide practice has handled many problems like this. For more information about us, go to:

Read more
Answered on 6/09/07, 8:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan