Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

I was in a car with two friends, over two months ago and we got pulled over. I had been under the influence of alcohol and blew a .035 I am underage, however the officers who pulled us over did not have tickets in the car and did not give me any documentation saying I had an m.i.p. they called me Monday ( over two months later) and said I had a warrant out. I had court this morning and will have a pre trial on october 4th. I am curious as to whether my charges can hold up in court. Especially since the two cops who pulled us over searched the vehicle without permission, let the driver get back in the car and drive while intoxicated, and did not issue tickets at the time of the incident?

Asked on 9/12/12, 1:33 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

It is not possible to properly advise you about a case without knowing all of the facts. You should hire an experienced criminal attorney to help you through this case. You can read more at:

Read more
Answered on 9/12/12, 1:46 pm

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

Yes, charges can be brought long after the crime was committed. Get a good local attorney to assist you in Court. Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 9/12/12, 2:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan