Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

Driving Drunk

My brother 54...lives 70 miles from me...He is a Functional drinker...He is always under the work as well...He is making life difficult for my folks who's home he lives in...I would LOVE to have him busted..I know a few officers in the area he lives...would it be legal or entrapment if I gave them a heads up on this and told them his route daily...that he might be watched...He needs to be ''awakened''...Plus he has a ccw permit...and does carry his gun with him...a cocktail for trouble as we see it...I look forward to your response...something MUST be done....

Asked on 12/04/08, 8:24 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Morrison Action Defense Center

Re: Driving Drunk

Asking the police to intervene in family problems is seldom a good idea.

If your parents are as troubled with him as you think, they can have him evicted through the landlord/tenant process in the local district court.

You usually have to be at the scene (e.g. behind him in another car) to notify local police of his drunk driving.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/08, 10:28 am

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

Re: Driving Drunk

It is not unlawful to provide law enforcement with information about illegal conduct. You any want to also contact a mental health / addictions specialist for their input.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/08, 11:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan