My friend got his first DUI in Indiana (2009) which was reduced to a misdemeanor. In Michigan he got his second DUI (2010) and a third DUI (2011).
Can the original felony still follow him to Michigan even though it was reduced to a misdemeanor?
Please help, he has court again next week.
2 Answers from Attorneys
He needs to call the Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani at 810-227-7200
"Please help, he has court again next week."
1. You should drive him to the courthouse or they may tow his vehicle after it's been in the parking lot overnight.
2. Tell him to wear loafers to court. His pants should be beltless. Don't wear jeans.
3. Before court, he should have all his mail forwarded to you. He may wish to give you power of attorney to handle his affairs after he is sentenced.
4. He should have no alcohol 24 hours before his court appearance and eat a big meal before he goes.
5. If he's still on probation in Indiana, he may be extradited there to face his VOP.