Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

I have an interlock system installed in my car and blew too high to start the car while having a suspended license. I have a calibration appointment next week. What will happen?

Asked on 5/13/16, 4:00 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Melton Melton law Firm

If it hasn't been more than 48 hours since the issue with the interlock AND you haven't been drinking, get an etg alcohol test done ASAP. Otherwise, the Secretary of State will assume you were drinking and your license will be revoked. You will likely get notice to appear for a hearing. If you can't prove you weren't drinking, say goodbye to your license for at least a year. Nothing will likely happen when you recalibrate. The Secretary of State will contact you by mail.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/16, 4:11 pm
William Morrison Action Defense Center

Have someone drive you in your vehicle to the calibration appointment.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/16, 8:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan