Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

leaving the country

I recieved a DUI will be sentence this month.I have a a chance to get a job overseas will this hinder my chance if so what do I have to do to prove myself so I can leave this country so I will not lose my house and family.

Asked on 2/08/09, 3:15 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

leaving the country

Your attorney is in the best position to advise you. There are too many variables for another attorney to guess about your situation. If you need more information, go to:

Read more
Answered on 2/08/09, 3:39 pm

James Schmier Law Office of James G. Schmier, PLLC

Re: leaving the country

Depends on what you pleaded to, the judge, prosecutor, etc. Have you done anything to show the court that you are dealing with your alcohol problem, which while you may not have a problem, the State of Michigan thinks you do. I usually advise my clients on certain things that they can do before we go to court.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/09, 4:34 pm
William Morrison Action Defense Center

Re: leaving the country

Whatever or whoever gave you the false idea that you could lose your house and family?

If this is your first drunk driving you have no worries as long as you attend your sentencing and inform the judge and probation that you have a job overseas - preferably in the pre-sentence interview.

If something is not right, you can always adjourn sentencing and retain a lawyer which would have been a smart move in the first place.

Read more
Answered on 2/08/09, 5:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan