Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

I received an OWI ticket and I am almost finished with my Criminal Justice degree, I want to be a probation officer and am worried about this being on my record.

I have an arraignment tomorrow. Can I get it dropped down to a lower charge and if so what do I plead tomorrow?

Asked on 7/15/13, 5:20 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Sternisha Law Office of Edward J. Sternisha, PLLC

No. You likely cannot get it dropped down at your arraignment. At the arraignment, you will have the opportunity to plead guilty or not guilty to the current charges. Plead Not Guilty and hire a lawyer. Your lawyer may be able to get the charges reduced or in the best case, dismissed. Without investigating the circumstances of the case, there is no way to tell you exactly what could happen but a good OWI attorney should be able to help you.

After pleading not guilty, the court will set a date for your next court appearance which should be a pretrial conference. Make sure you have an attorney before that. I wish you luck!

PS: I recently had a client who was just entering law school when he got arrested for OWI. You really have to handle these things properly. Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 5:28 pm

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

it is surprising that a criminal justice major would seek legal advice over the internet from attorneys they do not even know. I would hope that your education would have taught you that having the correct attorney provide advice is critical to the

case. if this issue is important to you, meet with an experienced drunk driving defense attorney right away. you can read more at:

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 5:47 pm
William Morrison Action Defense Center

You have an arraignment tomorrow??

Well, planning for your future is obviously not one of your strengths.

Plead not guilty. Hopefully your pretrial date will give you enough time to get a lawyer

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 8:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan