Legal Question in Elder Law in Michigan

power of attorney

How do I go about trying to get power of attorney over my mothers affairs so as to stop my brother from pilfering the estate to the point of her loosing everything. He is inconpetant and now lives back with her after loosing his own house from not paying taxes. She is not able or willing to try to handle her own affairs.

Asked on 6/25/09, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.

Re: power of attorney

You would probably have to seek guardianship over your mother's person and estate or just the estate so that you are appointed by the court in the event it is found that your brother cannot handle the job.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/09, 7:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Michigan