Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I'm 16, & both parents are decease & my brother is my guardian. I wanted to know if I can petition the court to appoint another guardian?

Asked on 2/05/10, 11:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stuart Collis Collis, Griffor & Hendra, PC

You could but you would have to explain to the court why your brother is not good for you and why someone else would be better. The courts tend to prefer family.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/10, 11:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan