Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

What amount of time has to pass without contact to file for abandonment and terminate a non-custodial parents rights in Michigan? My child is 7 and hasn't seen her father since she was 3. We do not know where he lives, nor have I ever received child support payments. He did file an affidavit of parentage after she was born, but has never filed for visitation or child support.

Asked on 1/31/10, 8:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stuart Collis Collis, Griffor & Hendra, PC

91 days or two years without support and without significant visitation.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/10, 9:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan