Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Child support

I have son that his mother told me she had lost him during the pregnancy.she finally told when he was a week old.Im not on the birth certificate.she wants me to pay support.I have no problem but i want visitation.she lives in Michigan I live in Kentucky. He is only 8 months old.Howdo i go about getting my nameor the crtificat and his last name changed to mine

Asked on 8/28/07, 3:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ari Berris The Berris Law Firm, P.C.

Re: Child support

You have several issues here. First, you certainly have the right to have your name place on the birth certificate which will require a court order. Second, you will need to request visitation, which probably also will require a court order since you live out of state. Regarding the name change, that may be a little more difficult.

We handle matters like this in the and around Metro Detroit. If that is where your child is residing please give us a call at 248.220.1538. We look forward to assisting you. Good Luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/07, 9:19 am
Charles Kronzek The Kronzek Firm PLC

Child support

Depending on which county in Michigan your son lives in, we may be able to assist you. You will need a court order for paternity to establish your visitation rights.

Call Attorney Brandy Thompson at

1 8005766035 to see if we can help.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/07, 6:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan