Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

getting custody of grandchildren

Our youngest daughter lives in Michigan. Her Aunts have called our home in Texas informing us that she is living with a man, bouncing from house to house, and leaving the children were ever. We want to know how we can go about getting legal custody of these children and what procees we need to start, being we are in TX and they are in MI?

Thank you


Asked on 12/27/06, 11:51 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: getting custody of grandchildren

Is it possible to get possession of the children in TX? How about a holiday visit to Granny's house? Can you pick them up and bring them back? If so, you could initiate proceedings in TX. The problem would be that all of the witnesses and evidence would be in MI. That could be expensive to bring to TX whether in person on by other electronic means. If you have the money and are serious in your concerns, I urge you to hire an attorney in your area to assist you. How much money? Could be $15,000 - $20,000 or more. Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 12/27/06, 12:55 pm

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

Re: getting custody of grandchildren

Michigan courts are the place that would have jurisdiction over the kids. What county do they live in?

Chuck Kronzek

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/27/06, 3:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan