Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My ex-husband has summer custody, while I get every other weekends and the alternating holidays. My daughter auditioned and made the United States World Championship's for Performing Arts. It is an international competition that is only two weeks away. This week is the last week for a Final Performance in Michigan, our home state, which means this is our final week of preparation. We had a verbal agreement that she would be able to stay here with me, to prepare for this competition. Now, this two weeks out from leaving for Hollywood for the ten days of competition, he refuses to return her to finish the last two weeks of training.

Do I have any recourse, considering he has "custody" during the summer. All of this was after him and my son, decided without my knowledge, the he would stay here for football practices this summer.

What can I do?

Thank You,

Tracie Aris

Asked on 7/04/11, 6:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

If you are in Ingham County or in Eaton County, our family law group of attorneys can assist you in asking the judge for an order amending this summer parenting time. Contact our office at 517 886-1000.

You can read more about our group at:

Read more
Answered on 7/04/11, 6:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan