Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

my husband is somewhat of an achoholic and hes constantly getting in trouble with the law year after year and i want a divorce i dont want no part in him gettin in trouble all the time. i do not drink nor break laws. how easy and quick could i get a divorce from him we have no kids nor property together other than personal belongsing and furniture? also, do u know of any attorneys that i can get that are reasonable. i receive ssi and cannot afford alot but i want out of this marriage desperatley. thank you.

Asked on 1/17/10, 10:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stuart Collis Collis, Griffor & Hendra, PC

60 days is the mandatory minimum waiting period from the filing of the summons and complaint. However, if he avoids service or he contests it, the divorce proceedings could take more time than the minimum 60 days.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/10, 4:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan