Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

how can my husband adopt my daughter? my daughter's bio dad has pedophile charges with other children and pays child support sometimes. he doesnt want to and he can not see her because of the ped charges. not that he made any effort before the charges on another child were filed. my husband has been supporting her for 8 years, we have been married for 7years and my husband would like to adopt my 12 year old. what do i have to do and how much does it usually cost?

Asked on 10/03/12, 1:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

Get the father to renounce his parental rights opening the door to the husband to adopt.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/12, 2:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan