Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My husband left me for his mistress in 2007 whom he married in 2008. I didn't find out why he divorced me until 2010 so I couldn't sue for proper alimony. He always knew I was disabled with Bipolar Disorder and his 6 figure salary supported us for the 4 years of marriage. He basically snuck around and screwed me on alimony because I was ill and I was unaware of his plans to marry his mistress. Can I sue ex husband for divorcing me to marry his mistress?

Asked on 8/12/11, 4:14 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

No. That needed to be handled during the divorce. There are no separate claims that can be brought now unless you try to reopen the divorce. Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 8/12/11, 5:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan