Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Medical support

I receive child support and medical support on a weekly basis. What happens when the medical bill is higher than what I receive in medical support that month? Does the amount have to be higher than what I receive montly or yearly? Please help, he is refusing to help.

Asked on 8/26/07, 11:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Guy Clark Clark Legal Services, PLC

Re: Medical support

Your child support and medical support supplement require that you spend $289 per year out of pocket before asking for payment for uninsured medical expenses. If you have reached that amount in 2007 you should send a request for reimbursement to payor and if no response is received notify local friend of the court for show cause action.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/07, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan