Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Michigan, Divorced 6 years ago, opted out of FOC. We have joint custody of 3 children. Live in Michigan, father has chosen to voluntarily relocate to Michigan as of 3/12/22. He told us a month ago.

I am going to file for sole custody. Should I wait to file motion until he physically leaves the state or can I do it now?

Asked on 2/16/22, 12:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stuart Collis Collis, Griffor & Hendra, PC

You can do it now. However, it may be just as wise to file for injunctive relief preventing the child from leaving whatever state you are in. I cannot advise on the procedures, as I'm licensed in Michigan and may not be in your state.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/22, 7:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan