Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My ex and I opted out of the FOC in 2003. Our divorce papers state that my ex was to pay me child support. From 2003-2010 I didn't get any. Can I still go after the support and how to I go about doing that.

Asked on 8/09/13, 10:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek THE KRONZEK FIRM formerly Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

Your attorney should get you back into the Friend of the Court system. Kent County is pretty good about facilitating that. It isn't likely that the Friend of the Court will help you collect that back support. Your attorney can do that for you.

Read more
Answered on 8/09/13, 11:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan