Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

If you are ordered to serve 90 days in jail because you are behind in child support, are you forgiven that amount once you have served the 90 days? Or does your child support continue to build?

Asked on 8/18/11, 5:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Walter Downes Walter J. Downes

Your arrearage of child support would continue to build if not paid. Jail time does not forgive or eliminate the balance of child support.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/11, 7:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan