Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Does a previous divorce need to be listed as a prior action for purposes of venue with the Family Division. I am filing for divorce in pro per. My soon to be ex has a prior divorce resolved in Oakland County with child support provisions.

Asked on 12/26/10, 5:30 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cullen Geisler The Law Offices of Cullen P. Geisler PLLC

No only cases involving you and your husband. When you file they will search your name and his name. We are in your backyard if you need help.

Read more
Answered on 12/31/10, 5:43 am

Thomas Loeb Law Offices of Thomas M. Loeb

I think that Cullen is mistaken. The court will want you to list your husband's previous divorce.


Read more
Answered on 12/31/10, 7:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan