Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I signed over a piece of property to my ex husband per our divorce. It has been 4 months now and he has not made the change yet. If he does not transfer the deed can I reclaim it?

Asked on 3/08/11, 2:23 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

Your divorce attorney is in the best position to understand the your settlement. There are many factors that would influence the answer to your question.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/11, 2:57 pm

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

There is no requirement that a deed be filed. People file deeds so that prospective purchasers or lenders are on notice about a prior interest in the property.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/11, 3:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan