Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Michigan

My 82 year old grandmother's husband of 27 years died in 2011 and his family did not want her involved in any of the arrangements for his funeral. They had removed him from the home where they both lived some months before his death. They did not even call to tell her he died. She had suffered terribly since and they even buried him in another state so she could not visit the gravesite. Grandma died June 28th and I am wondering if there is any recourse for mental anguish on her behalf and mine since she lived with me and this also caused me much distress to see her suffer. She was old school and would not let me pursue the issue while she was alive.

Asked on 7/02/13, 9:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Morrison Action Defense Center

I would honor your grandmother's wishes.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 7:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Michigan