Legal Question in Immigration Law in Michigan

H1b quey!!

I got H1B approved last year. I came to USA first time on H4. Now I would like to start my work with my company on H1B. Do I need to go back and get it stamp my visa or straightly I can start work.

Asked on 4/26/07, 3:23 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brian Casterline Law Office of Brian C. Casterline

Re: H1b quey!!

You should have received an I-94 with the approval package. That is the item that documents your status and allows you to work.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/07, 6:28 pm
Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC

Re: H1b quey!!

You need to consult both the INS (old name) website AND an attorney, because you don't want to lose H1 status by mistake. If your employer got the visa for you (which is usually the case), the lawyer that handled it should be able to tell you.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/07, 11:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Michigan