Legal Question in Insurance Law in Michigan

Live in Michigan - Car accident. Person hit me head on. Police report puts her at fault in the accident. Did a mini tort so the person's insurance would pay my 1,000 deductable. Other insurance says i'm at fault for 20% ($200)...because the other driver told their insurance that I did not have my headlights on (which is a lie.....and I have the police report...nothing is in there). I want to file a small claim through the court. I don't know who to do it to....State Farm (because they denied my the full money) or the Driver. Who do I file on my Civil Claim. Michigan is a no-fault state

Asked on 2/07/19, 5:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

File against the driver in the court where the accident happened or where they reside. The insurer will likely defend them or just pay it rather than waste time.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/19, 6:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Michigan