Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Michigan

i was serve with an arrest warrant for failure to appear for a non payment of rent from four years ago , what could happen to me?

Asked on 1/03/13, 3:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Josh Jones Law Office of Josh Jones, PLLC

You could be taken to jail and be forced to post a money bond in order to be released. The amount of the bond should be on the warrant otherwise you would have to call the court. You can be arrested at any time because of the warrant. You need to turn yourself in, in order to take care of this. You should contact any attorney and obtain a consultation. In the end, they are looking to obtain the past due rent from you. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/13, 7:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Michigan