Legal Question in Personal Injury in Michigan

I was in a car accident in Detroit, MI I live Grand Rapids, MI. The person that hit me kept going however I was able to get their license plate number but once my auto insurance got the police report there wasn't any information for the at fault party. As a result of the accident I have some injuries. How would I got about filing for pain and suffering would I sue my own insurance company since their is not information on the at fault party?

Asked on 7/22/13, 12:29 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

If you have uninsured motorist coverage and there was actual contact between the vehicles, you can recover under the uninsured/hit-run coverage. However, you still have to have a serious enough injury to allow a recovery under no-fault. Check with a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 1:26 pm
Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

I agree. UM coverage is required in Michigan, so you should certainly check with an area attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 8:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Michigan