Legal Question in Personal Injury in Michigan

I was hit by a car on my bicycle. i didnt file a police report and the only information exchanged was the drivers first name and phone number. i refused an ambulance and had the driver drop me off at a different location. now im hurt and i want to file a claim with the drivers insurance company but dont have any of the information. is this something a personal injury lawyer can help me get? I spoke with the driver twice after he hit me and now he wont answer my call...i dont know what to do

Asked on 7/11/14, 9:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Christopher Brown Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC

You need to file an accident report. The police should be able to identify the driver. You still have a first party claim for "PIP"benefits and may have a 3rd party claim depending on the severity of your injuries. Feel free to contact me for more information.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/14, 4:48 am
Mickey Larson Mickey Larson Law Office, PLC

Are you covered by an automobile policy? Is anyone you live with? With a first name and a phone number, finding the driver probably wouldn't be a problem. Are you sure that the driver had auto insurance? You should contact an attorney who handles auto claims. Most of us offer free consultations by phone or in person. I hope this helps, and I wish you a speedy and complete recovery. Take care.


Read more
Answered on 7/14/14, 8:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Michigan