Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Michigan

I own a condo that is attached to another condo and we apparently share the same drain tile under the house. My house recently flooded due to the other condo's failure of their sump pump. We had a restoration company come in and do the dryout, the company also went over to the adjoining condo and found the cause of the problem was a failed sump pump. Speaking with the renter of the unit, she mentioned that the pump has not worked in sometime. With all of the recent rains, my pump could not keep up pumping out both units. Do I have any recourse as far as damage recovery against the condo association or the renter in the adjoining unit. What can I do legally to prevent this from happening again?

Asked on 6/29/11, 6:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jules Fiani Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani

Feel free to call me regarding this real estate and property question at 810-227-7200....over 30 years of experience in this area of the law.

Jules N. Fiani

Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani


Read more
Answered on 7/03/11, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Michigan