Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Michigan

I am on a land contract with my boyfriend. Our own agreement was that I pay the house note and he would pay everything else. When the lady that owns the home found out I was making the payments, she began to list only my name on the receipts. My boyfriend recently got into some trouble with domestic violance charges and blames me for the outcome of his sentence. In this, he wants me to move out. I have paid close to 30,000 for this home and fairly close to paying the remaining balance of the home off. My question is, who has legal rights to the home and is there a way for him to make me leave or vise versa?

Asked on 7/18/13, 6:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

No. If you are both on the land contract, you both have rights to the interest in the home. One would have to buy the other out or go to Court for a partition action.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Michigan