Legal Question in Social Security Law in Michigan

I was just recently denied my claim for SSI. I'm in another state now.

Is it too late to hire an attorney? If not, how do I approach this?

Asked on 2/21/11, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Heard Heard & Smith, LLP

You should hire an experienced SS disability lawyer right away. Make sure you do not miss the 60 day deadline to appeal. You can appeal on your own if it takes you some time to hire a lawyer.

Depending on where you live, you may have difficulty finding an experienced SS disability lawyer near you. If that is the case, consider a law firm that practices SS law on a national basis. Make sure to check out their references. A Google search can tell you a lot.

Read more
Answered on 2/21/11, 1:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Michigan