Legal Question in Veterans Law in Michigan

Service Connected PTSD

I was in from 1967-69.About my second week of basic, my drill instructor singled me out and rode me hard.(My brother had just commited service connected suicide.)Then several phsyical and sexual asaults.He always got me alone. Once cornering me alone in the latrine and kicking me full force in the crotch. I thought he severed the head from the shaft of my penis. With great horror, fear and searing pain and I looked at the damage. The head was the size and color of a plumb with a huge blood blister in the most tender area. I was only 18. He threated if I told or implicated him in any way he would say I asaulted him and i'd go to the stockade, or an accident could befall me in training and I could be accidently SHOT. I lied to the Dr. and his report reads this way in my medical file:''Pt. has pain in penis.Droped a grill on it while on K.P. ''Ecchymosis (means tearing of tissue and bleeding under the skin.)esp. 1/3 of gland of penis.''I have experienced all of the symptoms of PTSD at one point or another over the last 40 yrs.I can't prove what he did. Regardless of HOW it happend, is the Dr.'s report of the RESULT of the TRAUMA enough to establish a service connected PTSD Claim. Wish I had more space. I've suffered for 40 years

Asked on 11/28/07, 7:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jill Mitchell-Thein Heard & Smith, LLP

Re: Service Connected PTSD

There are some special considerations for physical assault cases. You can email me directly and I will see if I can help you or refer you to the right attorney who can.

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 11/28/07, 10:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Michigan