Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

My former husband was a left his father's house in trust. He owes over $80,000 in back child support. When my former husband dies, do we

( my childen and I ), have any legal remedy to collect any the monies owed due to back child support from the sale of the house when it's sold. His father put the house in trust to ensure his son had a roof over his head and was not able to loose it. My sons are his only heirs. Please advise.

Asked on 2/08/19, 7:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Tatone John R. Tatone & Associates PLC

Whatever the trust says will dictate where the house goes. It may not necessarily go to your sons upon your ex-husband passing.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/19, 8:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan